Friday, August 23, 2013

My life as a fat girl part 2. (The revolution)

It's like I woke up in a dream....  
    I was so so guilty... Guilty of more things than I can count, but mostly I was guilty of standing by idly.  I was just waiting around hoping one day my fat would just melt away and someone would come and tell me everything I needed to do.  Of course that day never happened.
    I started walking 3 miles with a 900 ft elevation every weekday with a neighbor, and we were both seeing results with just that little exercise. My befores and afters were amazing (at least in my eyes).  So, my friends(I'd like to say in a trance of inspiration lol) got together at a park one day. Unfortunately for me I wouldn't make it in time to that park, so after pouting they agreed to meet at the one closer to my house(I'm beyond grateful)!  We had done a hike before and it wasn't the most organized event so I told the girls I would make a group page so we could keep track of times and dates and things.
    I don't know what I expected to come of this page..... I had never oversaw anything before and I wasn't sure Id be very good at it. Right now we have 36 members(my personal friends).  I decided to keep it a private page to protect them from getting bashed by random hateful people. We have absolutely no tolerance for bullying of any sort, and so far the page (in my eyes anyway) is a huge success!
    We get together three times a week after dropping our kids off for school, but of course if you have little ones they are ALWAYS welcomed. My friend(who I view as a literal Godsend) prints out a work out for the week and she includes different levels so everyone is at just the right level of uncomfortable. I feel I should add, none of us are trainers or nutritionist. This is just a group of normal wives SAHM and working moms.  In the past month I have watched people I care for get motivated and start moving. These woman mean business, and I will do what I can to keep them headed in the right direction.         This is a revolution!!!! You don't need a babysitter, you don't need a fancy gym...All you need is a little time! And how amazing is it that your children get to watch what a healthy lifestyle looks like. You are their super hero so start acting like it! Get up and start the revolution where you are from. All you need is the time and the place. Take an hour out of the day for yourself.

There's always later, but tomorrow may never come. 

No comments: