Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My life as a fat girl part 3: Backlash

    A fashion show isn't just...a designer, it's models and hair and make-up and stage hands and a group working together to make a beautiful thing.  I'm not sure when I even started this journey.  It all seems to be this blurr...At some point I decided I was going to get healthy, and I hoped someone would be on board.
   I signed up for a fitness challenge and met a girl who happens to be my neighbor. She was the perfect partner. We would walk together every morning, and somehow I started to get in better shape. I was hooked!  One of my friends L. Said she wouldn't mind printing out workouts and we would meet up and do them together, but if you read part 2 you know this already.  I created a private page stemmed from my personal fb and called it "my life as a fat girl". I had no clue what I was doing, but it felt good to have all my friends in one place working out and inspiring one another.  I come to a point in time now(probably because shark week) that I stand divided. My heart hurts and I want to abandon everything!
    I have never been "special" I have always been this bland girl searching and striving to be something spectacular! I guess I always referred to it as my group, but I do want them to know I wouldn't have gotten off my butt most days without them, so this is very much OUR group.  I thought I was running things smoothly, but I feel I should make an open page so anyone can join and get their fitness on.  They don't know yet, but I will be taking a poll to change the name of the group. I don't want a face to it...I don't want to hurt anyones feelings and have anyone feel the way I felt(just stage left, damn bee 13 in the elementary school play) There really is no way to make all 33 people an admin or to make each and everyone feel special.  I felt like I was including everyone, but no woman will be left behind in this group(that is if she wants the hand). So I think maybe just for today, I hope not all week, I will pout and cry and lock myself in my house until I figure out how to not be so selfish.
   I just wanted to do a good thing. I wanted to be apart of something grand, even on a small scale.  I didn't realize I was making it about myself and my journey. So the name will change, but I will continue writing, and hopefully inspiring..someone out there.
So do any of you have any ideas for a new name for the group?

No comments: