Monday, September 16, 2013

My life as a fat girl part 4: Running, am I really supposed to like this?

    Ok, so I couldn't run even in my best shape. I remember in high school I would struggle to finish my mile. So when I gained 75 lbs I thought it was impossible to start running and actually get somewhere. My first goal was to run a mile straight..Well, I crushed it! I ran a mile and then did insanity, it was freaking crazy! I ran my fat girl butt off. I set my mind to it and didn't stop. When I got to the end I had a huge smile on my face. I must have looked insane, but it didn't matter to me. In that moment I ran a freaking marathon and won! It was an amazing feeling, I wasn't even winded.
    Last night my friend A invited me to go to the track with her.  I'm not sure if she had any intentions to run, but I felt highly motivated so I suggested we try. We ran 2 and a half miles with a few walking breaks. We would have gone further but they turned off the lights, and we weren't trying to get set on fire so we sprinted back to the car. We did awesome, we weren't winded or laying on the ground in agony and my legs feel fine. Here's the trick... I start slow barely picking my feet up off the ground just really getting the jogging motion, then just keep going.. It's as simple as that. I tried couch to 5k and although I think it is an amazing app it just wasn't for me. I hated the loud pinging in my ear and I found myself trying to run to fast for my level.
    My goals are simple...I just want to be better then last time. What are your goals, big, small, anything? My next goal is to run 2 and a half miles straight. I think I'm getting the hang of this running thing.

2 comments:

BrittanyBitch said...

I love that your running, and i need to start running with you because i have no idea how far i can go. I doubt i can make it a mile but maybe having you there will push me to go further. :-D

Unknown said...

yay, just let me know when you wanna go. The new track has lights. link me your blog name