Monday, December 2, 2013

Facebook friends?

    Would you be friends with someone who wouldn't be your facebook friend?  It's kind of a comical question, but really...Could you, would you?  So It started because I had a friend a lifetime ago who would delete people if you weren't active on his page at least once a week.  I thought this was insane, but I'm finding out more and more that a lot of my friends have strange sets of rules for how they pick who stays and who goes out of their facebook friends.
    So I've heard things like, "oh well I don't take it that serious, but I guess it's serious business for you".  It's really quite the opposite.  I keep people because I don't take it seriously, but I feel when you weed through people you actually know it has become more serious to you. I have been called picky when it comes to accepting original request, so I guess I do a good job of screening in the first place so I don't need to delete people weekly.
    I do get offended when a person I thought had no hard feelings against me deletes me.  For me it makes it hard to see them around..Are we friends?  I'm not confrontational so I don't wanna just be like hey wtf, what did I do? Why would I be friends with someone who wont even be my facebook friend?        I enjoy watching how my friends are doing even if I don't say anything, and I know they enjoy following me even if they say nothing.  I'm the kind of person who could go 5 years without speaking to you then pick up where we left off like nothing.
      I guess if I offend you or you decide you just aren't compatible with me then that's fine, but that means we are not friends and we don't wish to have any kind of friendship.  I'm such an open book, I have little to no secrets, and I don't take my facebook seriously.  I use it to keep family and friends updated on my life and to keep updated on their lives. I am an Army wife so I will never be close to home, so for me to delete people that aren't actively involved in my life would be crazy.  haha maybe I'm a hoarder of friends. I keep with them them all!   So tell me, If you thought you were real life friends with someone and they deleted you on fb would you still think you were friends like before? Would your opinion change?  When someone deletes me it's like my friend is having a birthday party and not inviting me and I didn't do anything wrong.
    Like I said I understand if you will never ever talk to them or have no desire to talk to them, or maybe you aren't like me and you add people the second you meet then you later realize they weren't the awesome friend you thought they were gonna be. I get that, but deleting  people you have history with, I don't get that... What do you think? Is your fb fort knox?  Do you go on random deleting sprees, getting rid of anyone who didn't wish you a happy birthday? I wanna know.. comment below


No comments: