Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review of Sterns puddle jumper vest

    I live in Hawaii and we spend a lot of time in or near the water. My newly 4 year old son hated getting in the water past his knees. We tried to buy him a standard life jacket and he would scream and scream if you put him in the water. He was content playing in the sand just where the water started to come up.
    While at Target one day he saw the Sterns 3d shark puddle jumper vest and asked if we would get it for him. They retail for about $30.  He finally got to try it out at Lanikai Beach which is known for being very calm and perfect for kids and paddle boarding.  I put it on him and didn't have high expectations of him going into the water.  He seemed excited to have it on and I took him out to the water where he couldn't touch. Whats this, he isn't screaming? He got a little scared and started to say he wanted to go back to the sand. I let him go and said swim there. And would you believe it? He did it! He swam for the first time with this float vest on.I was beyond excited!  I will buy this vest for all my friends with small children. I really do love it and will tell everyone of our lil's success.
    He swam around all afternoon and I am so happy he has this new found confidence in the water. I'm just so happy we found this vest it has made all the difference in the world. Now my baby boy doesn't have to be scared of the water.

No comments: